Sometimes you get tired and don’t have the energy or patients to go through making a large multi-step meal. Wouldn’t it be awesome to have a few recipes that you know are quick and easy and, of course, delicious?!
Well here it is. Quick and easy chickpea burgers that take no more than 5 minutes to prepare and 5 minutes to cook. Throw some frozen french fries in the over, steam some broccoli, and you have yourself dinner!
I used barbecue sauce to make them taste a little more like a traditional burger. Most likely you will have all of these ingredients already, and you can use any brand of barbecue sauce. Give it a try because believe me, you won’t regret it!
1 can chickpeas
3 cloves garlic
3 tbsp all purpose flour
4 tbsp barbecue sauce
salt and pepper
- chop onion and garlic and add to a hot pan with some oil
- drain and rinse chickpeas
- add cooked onion and garlic, chickpeas, flour, barbecue sauce, and spices to a food processor and blend until combined
- form the mixture into patties. mine made 5 burgers
- optional: place patties in the refrigerator to firm up while you clean up or while waiting for everyone to get home. now would also be a good time to make french fries, broccoli or green beans, and slice any toppings such as tomato, onion, lettuce, avocado…
- pan fry the patties until both sides are browned to your liking
- ENJOY! 🙂